Latinx Artists For ALMAAHH
We Are Houston
Exhibition, Fundraiser, and Auction
Advocates of a Latino Museum of Cultural and Visual Arts & Archive Complex in Houston, Harris County (ALMAAHH) is a new organization dedicated to the creation of a Houston-area cultural and visual arts complex that will showcase, preserve, and expand Latino arts. Approaching its second anniversary of being founded, ALMAAHH operates as a sponsored organization under the 501c3 umbrella of Greater Houston Community Foundation.
ALMAAHH is organizing a juried exhibition highlighting artists living and working in the Greater Houston Area who self-identify as Latinx or of Latin American heritage.
Scheduled for November 12th to December 2nd, the show will culminate with an auction in partnership with Artsy. The auction will be a 50-50 split with the artist and ALMAAHH.
Eligibility: Latinx artists who live and work in the Greater Houston Area.
To Apply: email@example.com
Fees: There is no application fee
- Submission deadline: September 3rd
- Artwork drop-off: October 7th and October 10th
- Soft Opening: November 9th – November 11th
- Exhibition dates: November 12th to December 2nd, 2022
- Auction: Ongoing online from November 21st to December 5th.
- Live Auction: December 2nd at the ALMAAHH Art Auction and Latinx Gastronomy Night
Artwork may be created in any media, including video, installation, performance, and new media. Two-dimensional works must be suitably framed or edge finished. Artwork and wall sculptures must be wired and ready to hang with appropriate hardware. A diptych or triptych is considered a single work. Finished works only. If you are a student, you must disclose it and be declared Art Major at an accredited university in the Greater Houston Area.
Please send the following in one email:
- Contact information.
- Resume: up to 5 years.
- Artist statement.
- Bio: Up to 100 words.
- A brief statement explaining the artist’s ties to Latin American culture, as well as its impact on their work.
- Up to three pieces per artist.
- A brief statement of each piece.
- If submitting a sculpture, please include side view images.
- If submitting a video, please send a 5 min excerpt.
- If submitting an installation, please send images or a proposal description.
- If submitting a new media art piece, please include images if available or a description of the project.
- Cataloging information for each piece: title, year, media, dimensions (framed and unframed if applicable), and suggested value.
- One to two digital images for each piece sent in JPEG format. If available, 2000px on the long edge.
- File names should be: “LastName_FirstName_jpg”, “LastName_FirstName _Entry2_Title.jpg”, etc. Please note that images information cannot be changed after submission.
- Maria C. Gaztambide, PhD, Executive Director, and Chief Curator of Public Art at University of Houston.
- Gilbert Vicario, The Selig Family Chief Curator at the Phoenix Art Museum.
Auction Manager: Annalise Palmieri.
Questions: Please direct questions and submission materials to firstname.lastname@example.org